Premium gas - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Premium gas

Has anyone tried using mid grade gas instead of premium, and what was the outcome.
Jack P. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just filled up w/ it yesterday. I'll let you know. Someone else posted that they used 3 tanks of premium, then 3 tanks of mid-octane, then started using regular, and noticed no difference in performance, mileage, and no knocking, so I'm following his or her lead
Retired 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Premium Gas

I've had my Cascada since March 11th and have always used regular gas. Seems to run fine.
BEEKSCASCADA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

I use regular gas and the car runs and performs fine.
fredric973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just added 1/4 tank of regular to 3/4 tank mid octane. Runs fine.
Next will be a full tank of regular
3rdpassword is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Since I don't put a lot of miles on my Cascada (picked it up in Feb. and just this week went over 2,000 miles on the odometer) I think I'll spend the few extra dollars per fill up and get the premium octane gas.
mesaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi to all, you too Mesaguy, hope all is well. We just got back from a 4000 mile trip in our Cascada. Went without a hitch. Car ran smooth and solid on the roads out east and up to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Plenty of power on the highway.

For the record, I use premium fuel, 93 octane. My car display shows 30.2 miles per gallon for the whole trip. I'll take that. I also didn't expect to get that.

Again for the record, you do have to be extra carefull moving in and out of traffic at freeway speeds. Rear window doesnt bother me and I use my mirrors but I do see how one can get into trouble. What was tough as well was the cool mornings with the rear window fogged or wet. You need to let the car warm up for a while. I can imagine a snow covered top over winter, it can get ugly.

Ride was great, seats did not bother us at all, both of us thought seats very comfortable, yet firm. NO back problems. Had 3 suitcase and one makeup bags in trunk, 1 in pass thru , and one little one in back seat. Took windscreen to cover back seat area. Car worked out great.

Never saw one other Cascada on the trip. A number of people asked what we were driving. Heard a number of new phases on the NAV system, like Toll Booths, lane narrows, system knew Canada and US very well.
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Premium - Mid - Regular

I ran three tanks of premium when I first got my Cascada and carefully recorded my mileage (I did not use the car's computer).

I then ran three tanks of mid-grade and again carefully recorded my mileage.

I then ran three tanks of regular.

I found that my mileage did not vary between each of the three tank tests and that I did not experience any knocking while running mid-grade or regular.

I have now have over 6K miles on my Cascada, most using regular and my mileage stays between 23 and 26 miles per gallon depending upon my highway miles.

I also found that my miles per dollar went way up when using regular.

I am going to stick with regular but I will keep an eye on my mileage.
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Premium Gas

The way I look at it is the manufacturer wouldn't specify premium if there wasn't a reason. A couple of friends of mine each bought a Pontiac Solstice with the fuel injected 2.4L four. In their manual it stated they could use regular fuel but would suffer a 10hp loss.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

After experimenting a bit, I'm back to using premium
3rdpassword is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.