Remote Top Feature - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Remote Top Feature

Does anyone have the remote top feature whereby you can lower or raise the top remotely through the remote keyless entry system? This is listed as an option in the owners manual and since all these new cars came out as "premium" trim, it would seem this option should be available to us.
BEEKSCASCADA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

It would be nice to have but Buick left it out of the US version due to legal reasons. If you hold the unlock button down, all the windows will lower.

I wonder at some point if they could make it available with a software update if we signed off on it .
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I purchased mine on 4/30/2016 and it does NOT have the remote top open and close feature.

Still love the car though.
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Would like to know the "legal reasons." It says remote top operation is an option in the manual and I would like it in my car. Did you see my thread about the Facebook group I started for Cascada owners and lessees. "Buick Cascada Owners" on Facebook. I will try and limit the group to just owners and lessees of the new Cascadas. No ads or plugs. Just comments about our new cars.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

What legal reasons?

My "Brand X" has this feature. I hardly ever use it though. Just as easy to jump into car and drive slowly down my street while putting top up or down while moving.
Ctrcbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Legal reasons in America, go figure . The Opel, Holden, and Vauxhall versions have some features that didn't make it to the American version. While at the Detroit auto show, I was told, " the auto drop top feature was left out probably due to legal reasons". I left it at that.

I would hope it would be some other reason and we could get this feature with maybe just a software update. Will do some more digging.
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

I read on another forum it is on the 2016 models in Canada. I would really like to have this option too. Hoping they add it as a software update!
dlcrn1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Remote top operation

TO MY FELLOW CASCADA OWNERS:
WHEN I RECEIVED THE NOTICE FROM BUICK ABOUT THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL BREAKING, THAT REMINDED ME ABOUT MY CONCERN WITH THE REMOTE TOP OPERATION THROUGH THE RKE TRANSMITTER. I CALLED BUICK AT 1-800-521-7300 AND SPOKE TO "AL." AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH AL CALLED ME BACK AND ADVISED THAT THE REMOTE TOP OPERATION FEATURE WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE US MODELS BUT ONLY ON THE EUROPEAN MODELS. HE COULD NOT TELL ME WHY HOWEVER. I THEN DECIDED TO SEND BUICK AN EMAIL. I WENT TO THE WWW.BUICK.COM SITE, CLICKED ON "CONTACT US" AND THEN "EMAIL US." I THEN COMPLETED THE FORM UNDER "PRODUCT QUESTION" AND ASKED WHY THE US MODELS DO NOT HAVE THIS REMOTE TOP FEATURE. I AM REQUESTING THAT EACH OF YOU ALSO SEND AN EMAIL TO BUICK ASKING THE SAME QUESTION. WHEN I HEAR FROM BUICK I WILL POST IT ON OUR SITE.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Good Idea!
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

GM says not available in USA, but look what I found on you tube:
so it can do it!
segura_a@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.