No posts in October? - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default No posts in October?

Someone has to post something so I will start a thread.

I have owned my Cascada now for almost six months and have logged just over 10,000 miles. The engine seems to get stronger every time I drive it. I am averaging 27mpg on premium fuel.

I have only experienced one problem - creaking noises when the top is up. When I took it to the dealer for my first service I mentioned the noise. The service person and I came to the conclusion that the noise is probably noticeable because the car is so quiet when cruising. The service person said the car in under warranty so don't worry about it. I have noticed however, that now with cooler weather it doesn't seem to make as much noise.

Anyone else have any problems?
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have owned my Cascada for almost six months and 6,500 miles. I do not have any problems to report. In Michigan it is beginning to feel like fall and sadly, I can tell that convertible weather is coming to a close.

I average 26 miles per gallon on regular gas with no knocking. I religiously keep track of my gasoline purchases and mileage. I tried three tanks full of premium, Three tanks full of mid-grade and many tanks full of regular with no loss of performance and pretty much the same MPG average. My miles per dollar goes way up with regular so I am sticking to it.

Does anyone have a better place to keep the garage door opener than the little pull out storage drawer to the left of the steering wheel?

I am wondering how this car will perform in the snow however. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am liking this car so much I may just buy a beater to drive in the Michigan winters just so the Cascada doesn't have to leave the garage.

Last edited by bshep19; 10-07-2016 at 12:02 AM.
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've had my Cascada since Early June. I have 2,400 miles on it, and most of that is 2 trips down to my moms in Northern Va. No issues really to speak of. I did try some regular and the car did run a little rough one day when I first started it after sitting a few days. So, I went back to premium. Once there is salt on the roads, the car will be in the garage and not be driven 'til spring.
3rdpassword is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Since I live in Arizona-----my convertible season is just now starting as the heat is, mercifully, starting to ease up. bshep19------my garage door opener has one of those clips on it that allows me to fasten to the driver side visor and that seems to work just fine. I was surprised that the Cascada didn't have a built in feature for opening garage doors since I've had other cars over the years that did offer this. I just hit 2200 miles and have had the car since February. I've only been using premium gas.
mesaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi guys, I had 2500 miles, just added 4000 miles more on our trip out east. I use premium and computer display showed 30.2 mpg.

I own a liftmaster garage door system. Remote opener is thin and 3 buttons on it. It too had a visor clip. I took off clip and it lays nicely in compartment under power socket in dashboard.

FYI ....Had plenty of luggage in trunk. I was able to get it in with the top down. Then I put the top up. Even though I could get luggage in, the top would not lower back down because I got a fault on the dash saying shade not in position. There must be sensors if something is touching the top carrier.

I too wonder about winter. On our trip, frost and dew covered the rear window in the am. I waited till car heated up and window clear, I can see an issue if you can't see out the back.

Still love our Cascada !
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 02:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mine has a defroster in the back window. I have not had occasion to use it but, assuming it works like all of my other cars have, the window clears in seconds and I have never HAD to wait for the car to warm up.

Doesn't your car have this feature? Or, because of the convertible top, does it take a long time to work?
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

All the Cascadas have a rear window defrost. When the top had frost on it, the rear window took awhile to get clear, it got the normal lines for defrost but due to its size I'm not taking a chance in early morning in and out traffic.

Maybe I didn't want an accident starting out on a long trip !
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.