Opel/Vauxhall Cascada is aiming for Audi A5 Cabriolet buyers - Page 2 - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauxy View Post
I also think the A5 is ugly

there I said it.
Fair enough, not everyone will like how some things look, plus Audi isn't really the best when it comes to design, but their cars do look good enough for the segment they compete in.

VaCa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

I find people either like how Audis look or hate them.

They are just boring to me

vauxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauxy View Post
I find people either like how Audis look or hate them.

They are just boring to me
It's a hate it or love it thing.

One thing people hate is that for a while, even from generation to generation the overall design language has stayed nearly the same. Meanwhile brands like Mercedes, BMW, etc keep coming up with new unique designs.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

almost fell asleep staring at this photo

vauxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

at least they had the brains to not keep design on their supercar consistent with the rest of their cars, that would be bad

Old 07-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

I read an in depth review, and the journalist preferred the Cascada, but when asked which one he would like on his driveway, he said the Audi. You can do what you want with the cars, but the badge is another question
paininthenuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

It seems to me that when comparing to Audi that Cascada is positioning about half way between the A3 and A5 Cabriolets. Wheelbase splits the difference. It is longer than either. Height is a wash.. Weight splits the difference. Cascada is front drive compared to either front or all wheel for the A3 and all wheel for the A5. A3 has either a less or more powerful engine. While A5 has a more powerful engine, it has a weight disadvantage. Buick has not announced pricing yet, but I would suspect that Cascada and the A3 will be similar in pricing with lower end models offering more toys on the Cascada.

2 series BMW is similar in size to A3 with a more powerful engine than any of above and either rear or all wheel drive. Mercedes C and E series cabriolets are nice but significantly more in cost. Camaro and Mustang are both only rear wheel drive. The former is really nasty in the winter when weather is bad. Neither have much space in the back seat. While rear wheel drive has some handling advantages, it is not practical in northern climates during the winter.

For those of us who are convertible people who also want some ability to have a sort of usable back seat and a trunk that will hold more than one set of golf clubs when the top is down, the above seem to be the main choices. I have had both soft and hard top convertibles and have a strong preference for soft. Lighter weight, less complex mechanism and not taking up the whole trunk when top is down outweigh perceived advantages of a hard top convertible.
BobMar46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paininthenuts View Post
I read an in depth review, and the journalist preferred the Cascada, but when asked which one he would like on his driveway, he said the Audi. You can do what you want with the cars, but the badge is another question
At the end of the day it will come down to what a specific individual likes which can vary quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in