Oh No! Fresh paint on the road - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oh No! Fresh paint on the road

My Cascada is black and I ran over freshly painted white lines. It splattered the driver's side of course. Any good advice out there on how to remove it without destroying my finish?

I read online that spreading petroleum jelly on the splatter and letting it soak in for 10 hours might work. It is too cold out now to try it.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I don't know the answer to your question but I would assume that the collision shop at the dealer would. They would be the first people I would ask for a solution. I would also trust their advice before anyone else's. Good luck and keep us posted.
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok. How did you get the paint off?

A few few years ago, I had a Genesis. Ran over fresh white paint that spilled off of a bucket off a truck. Pulled into a parking lot and wiped the heavy paint off with a rag. When I got home, I mixed some rubbing compound with liquid polish. (To thin the compound). Took off the white paint without harming the car paint.

What I did have trouble with was removing the paint on the tires. Can't remember exactly how I did it, but I think I wiped with paint thinner, then scrubbing with soap and water.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Oh Yes

After looking it up on the internet I tried soaking the painted area in petroleum jelly but along with not working it was hard to remove. Another attempt was using a clay bar but that didn't work either.

But, oh yes, finally I had success using a product called Get Off Clean from Go Clean Products. I bought a 32 fl oz bottle for $60, four sponges with plastic mesh on one side from Walmart, and within 3 hours the road paint was gone.

I can finally after six months walk up to the driver's side and not cringe at the site of white paint on my black Cascada.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in