Rattle while driving - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rattle while driving

I have never owned a convertible before and absolutely love my Cascada. I have had it for 3 months and have less than 1800 miles.

At first I noticed a rattle from the passenger side in the back. Now I have the rattle from both sides. I don't really notice it with the top down.

Does anyone else have the same rattle?
HappyHam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have asked the same question a couple of times. My top rattles when up, usually when cornering over rough surfaces. The rattle is gone when the top is down, driving over any surface. I beginning to wonder is there is some chassis flexing that is causing the problem. If so, there is no cure and we will have to live with it.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a rattle when the top is up - seems to be from the top assembly near the window, but I cannot isolate it. Any help?
Jburgett1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Soft Top Creak and Rattle

It seems to make less noise now that the weather is cooler. I bought mine in mid April and now that I think back, I didn't notice the racket until the weather warmed up.

I am due my final free oil change etc. in December and I will have my dealer look into the noise.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Rattle While Driving

We have experienced the same rattle you have described. At 3,686 miles our Buick dealer replaced roof mechanism brackets on both right and left sides. They checked with the Buick tech line for advice on how to solve the problem. I asked to see the brackets removed and saw that there is a small roller on each one. The parts manager pointed out flat spots on the rollers that they believe caused the noise.

The rattle was gone, but reappeared at 7,810 miles. Once again the same brackets( part # 133967030) have been replaced and we are now at 10,300 miles and the roof is quite.

Probably, until Opel redesigns this part, the rattles will reoccur.
lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

My 2016 Cascada began to have the top rattle several months ago. For some strange reason it is more annoying and louder when the weather is warm. My dealer told me that GM issued a bulletin on the problem and the fix. It was done to my car last week and seems to be working. The parts cost next to nothing and the labor was about 1/2 hour. There was no charge. All is quiet in the cabin now.
fredric973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Defective Valve Cover Causes Whistling

I noticed an audible whistling noise (mechanical not rush of air) several weeks ago. It became louder and when the engine was turned off it whistled at you for about 5 seconds. My dealer , Norman Gale Buick/GMC has been great and believes the problem is a defective valve cover. The trouble is that there are none to be had. The part has been re-engineered and is being produced in China with a ship date in late August. Probably won't arrive in the US until weeks later. It may be that the Cascada sits at the dealer for what could be 6 weeks or more. I was handed the keys to a new GMC Acadia so I've not really been inconvenienced -just puzzled and annoyed at why GM hasn't done a recall. Heads up out there. I can't be the only one. I can't stress enough now accommodating my dealer has been.
fredric973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default DIY Solution

I had the same annoying rattle shortly after buying my 2017 Cascada. I ended up sitting in the back while my wife drove me around until I found the noise. With the Top halfway up you can see a 2 prong fork bracket. Those prongs end up around a little roller once the top is up. I started out with a spray lubricant (WD-40) on the roller which completely eliminated the noise. A simple spray seams to last a couple of months then needs to be reapplied. I got tired of that and applied a paste style lubricant to the roller and have not had any noise since (about 4 months now).
Dadio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Can someone email me or text me a picture of the "2 prong fork bracket" mentioned in the Buick Cascada convertible roof noise mentioned in Dadio's article above. I have sprayed all of the brackets with no luck in stopping the noise. Email me a photo of this bracket that I need to spray at fnolimal@assuranceltd.com or text me at 702-768-3703.
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default top rattle

Maybe the poster with the solution could post a photo. I would also be interested in seeing the parts to be lubed.
kurtp13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in