Buick Cascada Forum
Buick Cascada Forums

Buick Cascada Forums (https://www.cascadaclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buick Cascada General Discussion (https://www.cascadaclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My First Cascada Problem (https://www.cascadaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4537)

mesaguy 06-21-2016 07:03 PM

My First Cascada Problem

I went to start the car today and it was DEAD-----nothing. Called Buick to make sure it was ok to have AAA come out to charge the battery-----it's been very hot in Phoenix and we had been gone a few days using my wife's car. The Cascada was in the garage so it wasn't getting direct sun heat. AAA guy put the charger on and it started but he indicated that it wouldn't start if I shut off the engine so I called the dealer and took it in. Hopefully it's nothing major and I should get it back tomorrow. Only 1100 miles on it. I'll report back when I find out what the problem was.

gene2016 06-21-2016 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear your issue. Did you leave your radio on listening to the Beach Boys ? We just turned 1500 miles. It's been great convertible weather back here. We 've seen a few more around town. Stay cool mesaguy

mesaguy 06-22-2016 04:53 PM

I just called the Buick dealer----this is weird. They ran all the tests and the battery was fine. The technician did some checking and saw something about a "bulletin" regarding Casdadas which aren't driven everyday or every few days and something about this does something strange with the tail lights and drains the battery??????? They still have my car and maybe will have it another night. I'm not sure what the **** is going on.

mesaguy 06-22-2016 05:07 PM

They had to order new tail lights from Michigan-----hopefully overnighted but I'll wager I won't get the car back until Friday. The service guy did promise to staple the service bulletin regarding this weird problem to my paperwork. It has something to do with the tail lights, the computer module, the car not being driven everyday, etc. I think this will be the strangest posting yet on this forum!

Retired 2010 06-23-2016 04:39 AM

Wow, hope this is quickly resolved for you! We're away for 2 weeks- hope ours starts when we get home

mesaguy 06-24-2016 12:24 PM

Here is GM Bulletin Document ID: 4474206 Here is what the bulletin states:
" If the battery drops below 65% state of charge, tail lamps can send a diagnostic request to the BCM causing everything on the BUS to wake up and remain awake until battery drains." The correction: Replace the tail lamps with revised lamps. Refer to Tail Lamp Replacement in SI. Using the GR8, Charge and Test to top off the battery after replacing the tail lamps.

Dennis Carlson 06-24-2016 02:29 PM

There is an easy fix. Just drive the car once or twice a week.

mesaguy 06-24-2016 05:33 PM

Hard to do if your car is at the airport while you're on a trip lasting a week or so.

dlcrn1128 09-08-2016 11:11 PM

Yikes! I will be gone for four months soon! Will my car not start when I get back? What about using a trickle charger?
I'll guess I could let my college age grandson drive it while I'm gone!

heididavid1026 09-08-2017 11:59 AM

First Problem

I too had the same exact problem with my Cascada after sitting in the garage for 2 weeks during the snowy weather. The care battery was absolutely dead. After giving it a charge in the garage, I brought it to the service department. They checked it out and said everything was OK. After seeing your posting, I contacted them and them and the new lights are now on order. Thank you for this very helpful information.

Dave