Particulate Filter Problems - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Particulate Filter Problems

Has any member had a problem with the Particulate Filter on their CDTI/biturbo. Since I had a breakdown due to this cursing thing I have lost all confidence in driving it. There is no indication that any regeneration is taking place apart from when the icon lights up on the dash, and by then it is too late. I find that Vauxhall/Opel have made a truly great car into one that really isn't fit for purpose. When I broached customer care on this topic all I got was "it's a bit of a grey area". Nor very reassuring eh? I was told that I should up my average RPM's to between 2500/3500. Given that the cars fuel consumption's claimed figure is 54mpg, how do I achieve that driving the car at those RPM's?
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

The forum help section is for site issues and account problems.
I moved your thread in the general section. People will more likely post here.

~ LL, community support.
Aristo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy View Post
Has any member had a problem with the Particulate Filter on their CDTI/biturbo. Since I had a breakdown due to this cursing thing I have lost all confidence in driving it. There is no indication that any regeneration is taking place apart from when the icon lights up on the dash, and by then it is too late. I find that Vauxhall/Opel have made a truly great car into one that really isn't fit for purpose. When I broached customer care on this topic all I got was "it's a bit of a grey area". Nor very reassuring eh? I was told that I should up my average RPM's to between 2500/3500. Given that the cars fuel consumption's claimed figure is 54mpg, how do I achieve that driving the car at those RPM's?
****, I wanted to discuss this matter, but I can't find where it has been moved to.

I only just bought my car, and then found out about this problem. Of course, it's not just a Vauxhall problem, it effects the entire industry.

I have done some reading up on it, and apparently Wynns DPF additive added every 3 tank fulls is meant to pretty be good. Being requested to drive with high revs is stupid on so many levels. My car does 80 mph at 2000 rpm, if I took it up to 2500 rpm, I would have to drive at 100 mph.
paininthenuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in