Cascada does its job well according to a MotorWeek review - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cascada does its job well according to a MotorWeek review

MotorWeek did a quick review of the Cascada and the result? Just about everything you'd expect in a 2 door Buick is found here, which in the end makes it a success, it does its job well! I'm sure owners here can vouch for the points made:

VaCa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

VaCa great post. I watch Motorweek every week and was waiting to see them review the Cascada. They did it justice and left the common critics say out. The only comment I would have is the white didn't really show its looks that well.
We've had ours 2 weeks now and been really enjoying it. I've had conv before and the lack of wind is impressive. This car is amazingly quiet as well.

Do you own one as well ? I know mesaguy and Dennis have one.

Mesaguy, did you put you blind spot mirrors on yours ? So far , I'm not findinding it an issue. Knock on wood !
gene2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

gene2016-----I have not put the blind spot mirrors on yet-----I decided to drive the car some more in the city and on the highway to see if it's really a problem.
mesaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Going on five weeks with mine now. No blind spot concerns yet.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene2016 View Post
VaCa great post. I watch Motorweek every week and was waiting to see them review the Cascada. They did it justice and left the common critics say out. The only comment I would have is the white didn't really show its looks that well.
We've had ours 2 weeks now and been really enjoying it. I've had conv before and the lack of wind is impressive. This car is amazingly quiet as well.

Do you own one as well ? I know mesaguy and Dennis have one.

Mesaguy, did you put you blind spot mirrors on yours ? So far , I'm not findinding it an issue. Knock on wood !
I actually don't own a Cascada, but i'm still trying to decide what I want to get at the moment and typically I go through an extensive thought process before making a decision.

Currently it's either the Cascada or Infiniti q60.

VaCa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

VaCa-------one's a convertible and the other a coupe-------you really are in a quandry.
mesaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm not familiar with the Infiniti. However, I can say that the Cascada has a good, solid feel to it...especially for a convertible.
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have had mine since the end of April and so far it is great. I have also owned convertibles and agree with Gene2016 that the car is quiet with the top up and the wind noise with the top down is great compared to the other convertibles I have driven. I can even have a conversation with a passenger on the freeway now.

If you set your side mirrors correctly you will have no blind spot problems. At first I missed the "fish eye" mirrors that come standard with my old car but now I do not miss them at all.

Mine is white with the black interior. I park it in the sun with the top down and the seats do not get real hot like the rest of the car. I remember reading about this feature and it really does work.

I found this on the interweb "The standard leather-appointed seating is actually heat-reflective, so it doesn't get too hot in the sun. "

After the "Is that a Buick? question I always get, the second most asked question is "Can you put a set of golf clubs in the trunk?" Since I don't golf I do not know how to answer. Does anyone have any experince with golf clubs in the trunk?
bshep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

I put both back seats down and insert the bottom of the golf bag as far as it will go into the trunk. The driver club winds up in between the two front seats on top of the console. As an alternative you can lay the bag across the back seats when they are down. I have carried two bags before.
Dennis Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2016, 05:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Happy Camper

I've had my black Cascada since May 7 and traded out of an Audi A5 Cabriolet. With few exceptions I couldn't be happier with the Cascada. I've read numerous reviews and think that they contain unfair criticism. The Cascada is not a Porsche, BMW or a Mercedes. I've owned al of those and for the price the Cascada is a winner. Gas mileage is about the same as my Audi A5, the car rides better, accelerates as well and is just as quiet. Yes, the dash has too many buttons but you get used to it quickly. The car lacks a Homelink system that I miss. All in all I saved at least $20K when compared to a new Audi and people stop me all the time to ask ..is that a Buick?
fredric973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in