Ordered my Cascada [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Ordered my Cascada

csaba67
05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey everybody, this is my first post here on the Cascada forum. I am looking forward to hearing from more of you. I'd like to know all the tips, tricks, mods, etc for this beautiful car.

Just ordered the Cascada. Will be a black SE model.

VaCa
02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Im sure you got your Cascada by now, lets see some pictures of it!

dambrogio
06-24-2015, 09:42 AM
order my cascada - will pick it up next Tuesday, Cant wait my first car was an astra convertible. that was 25 years ago. back to cabrio. its a 64 plate 2.0 se. only worry is does it have blue tooth. garage spec does not mention it.

gene2016
02-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Hi, just got this forum myself. We have a Buick Cascada Premium on order. Not sure when we might see it, nobody seems to know how long it might take to get to the USA cities.

I take it you got yours. Is it what you expected ? It sure looks good. What engine, mileage are you getting. Ours will have a 1.6 turbo 200hp. It appears 20/27 mpg. I did expect better.

Question, does the orange lighting between the gauges work for you. I have an equinox with black/ white colors that seems less striking.

Your wife enjoying it?

mesaguy
02-16-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't know how many of you saw the article about the guy (last name was Chandler) who got the first Cascada in the state of Michigan. This irritated me for a couple of reasons. First, he's a General Motors employee so probably "jumped" the line to get his vehicle first. Second, living in Michigan means he probably can't drive around with the top down for up to 4 months from now! I live in Arizona, could drive around with the top down TODAY, and have had car on order with deposit for 3 months and no clue yet when I'll get it. I also noticed that this guy Chandler got the exact exterior/interior colors I had ordered with the same upgraded option package. Of course this made me wonder if he was getting "my" car!

gene2016
02-17-2016, 11:22 PM
HI mesaguy, I saw the article you did. I also have one on order, bought October , no word yet, just that's it's at the port. Port meaning Poland . My unit built in Jan . I know the dealers have limited allocations, like 2-3, some none. I'm going to think the dealer got a preorder and chandler bought it, agreeing to leave it on the floor. The dealer making hay while he can.

I got the same issue, my car may come in right after we leave for Florida , do I let the dealer put it on display ?

Nice to have you on board

mesaguy
02-19-2016, 03:28 PM
The cars are just now arriving this week at the Buick dealers in the Phoenix area. I feel sort of like a "chump" because I have one on order and it would have been quicker to just walk into the dealer and purchase one. My closest dealer got 3 in yesterday and sold 2 of them immediately. I looked at them but, unfortunately, all 3 had black interiors and that's not a good idea out here in the desert. All of the vehicles so far have been the upgraded option package so it's obvious that Buick is taking advantage of the low supply and offering only the more expensive cars right now.

gene2016
02-19-2016, 09:09 PM
I like the tan they display as an optional leather on the European versions, USA version is lighter and wouldn't go with our greystone. We did order the black int. Our dealers in Ohio haven't seen any yet. I agree , there could be a chance some may come in before my order of six months.
We're going to the auto show in Cincinnati tomorrow as I understand they will have a cascada. My wife will finally get to see, touch , and sit in what she wanted and we bought sight unseen. Im told our car is on the ship. Good luck on yours.
Do you know if the dealers sold the cars above sticker?

mesaguy
02-20-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't know if they sold above sticker. I did request a "special internet offer" from a Buick dealer about an hour away and they came back with just over $40,000! That didn't seem like much of a deal. As for your car show--------I went to one in Phoenix a month or so ago and they had a Cascada. When I asked if I could get behind the wheel, I was told "No, this isn't a production model and things inside might be glued on!" When I objected to the GM guy who was there, he told me he could lose his job if his bosses found out that he let someone get into the car. Hopefully, they'll have an actual production model at your car show.

gene2016
02-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Hi mesaguy, we made it to the show. It was kinda like all coming together. The show car was our greystone metallic, blk int. My wife saw and touched it for the first time, it was absolutely beautiful. It was an actual production vehicle. Actually thought it was ours, except it had the diamond wheels. It was getting a lot of attention. We're getting close !
Not sure if your aware of a couple things, the center council top slides forward over the cup holders which now gives you a better armrest. The other thing I read in the manual is the keyfob can open the top and operate Windows remotely. No one can confirm this yet. Also found out if top dropped, you cannot access the trunk via the back seats, they stay locked to protect your valuables. Good feature.

mesaguy
02-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Glad you were able to gain access to the Cascada at the car show. I'm going to phone the dealer in Peoria (a Phoenix suburb about an hour west of Mesa) tomorrow and see if the sky blue Cascada with neutral interior is still available. I had emailed my local dealer to see if they could arrange a swap with the Peoria dealer and they never even acknowledged my email inquiry (actually 2 email inquiries) which didn't set well with me----they could have least emailed back and said it couldn't be done. I don't think they can keep my $500 deposit but first things first--"my" car might already be sold at the other dealership.

mesaguy
02-22-2016, 11:07 PM
What a difference a day makes! I found out that a Buick dealer in Tucson (2 hours south of here) had just gotten in 2 Cascadas and one of them was the one I wanted! I drove down there with a buddy, got a good trade on my 2012 Ford Focus, wrote a check, and enjoyed the drive back to Mesa with the top down! Lots to learn even though they went over everything with me. It was a great road trip. Tomorrow I'll let the local dealer about it and, hopefully, get my $500 deposit back.

mesaguy
02-25-2016, 10:50 AM
A funny (and contradictory) item in the Cascada manual in the glove box. I don't know how many of you have seen the video which Buick made available which shows this convertible getting high pressure water directed at it from every angle and staying bone dry inside, thereby showing how water tight this car is. Well, the manual says not to take to a car wash using high pressure water since it might get water inside the vehicle!

gene2016
02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
So happy for you mesaguy . Glad you got what you wanted. How is it so far ?how does it drive ? Is it quiet, quick ? How is the sound system , it says it's a Bose ?

How many miles so far ? I may get mine within a day of leaving for Florida, do I take it for a 3,000 mile trip ?

Question, in the manual, the show you can open the top with the key fob, can u

Our car came into the port of Boston last weds night, on its way to Cincinnati ,

Hope weathertech comes up with some floor liners for it.

Have a great time cascading !

mesaguy
03-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Gene2016----I think it drives great. It had 12 miles on it when I picked it up in Tucson last Monday and I'm just over 200 miles on it now! It is much quicker than I would have expected (not saying much since my old car was a 2012 4 cylinder Ford Focus). I should have done my research on the fuel you need but for some reason it slipped by me----you need 91 octane premium which out here, is 30 cents a gallon more than regular. I don't think it's Bose since I see nothing on the price sticker information (it just says "Premium audio system"). I think the Bose logo would be on the dash somewhere if it was part of the system. The RKE (remote key entrance system) is supposed to open the top although I haven't tried it yet. My Cascada came equipped with 4 floor mats and the front ones have the Cascada logo on them. You should be ok for a 3,000 mile trip but the manual states that it's not a good idea to run at a constant speed using speed control for the first 500 miles. I am happy to say that my local dealer returned my $500 deposit check----probably because they know the one I ordered will probably sell immediately when they get it. I have gotten thumbs up approval from perfect strangers both on the road and when parked at a store, restaurant, etc. Have fun!

mesaguy
03-01-2016, 12:46 PM
One other topic while I'm thinking of it-------I have a buddy who recommended I get the 3M Clear Bra protection on my new Cascada......he did it on his Mustang Shelby convertible. I found out that the local Buick dealer "farms" this procedure out to a shop in Scottsdale. I also learned that there's a local company in Mesa who does this work. I set up an appointment to have it done but "chickened" out after doing some online research. I may change my mind at a later date but there are just too many problems that could come up-----especially with a brand new model which would be there first time applying this product to the Cascada.

gene2016
03-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Fabulous, not sure if you have a wife, but sounds like you'll find a girlfriend. I knew from Detroit it takes premium, Buick people were trying to tell me you could use regular. Is it quiet ? How you doing with seeing out with the top up ? Did you see you have an ashtray lower left of the steering wheel ? I like how the center console top slides forward over the cup holders to give you an armrest. What do you think of the red lighting for the information center, it looks like it could be annoying.

Still being told ours is at port. Keep up with the updates.

mesaguy
03-01-2016, 04:47 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156626956385707&set=a.10150276737020707.515580.619940706&type=3&source=11

mesaguy
03-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Gene 2016-----Visibility is not great with the top up------another reason why I don't understand not putting a blind spot warning system in the car. I'm sure it will be included in next year's model. The red lighting doesn't bother me at all. I just checked out the ash tray after reading your post! Since I don't smoke it's probably only going to be used for hiding cash or credit cards since it's pretty well hidden. I did my first gasoline fill-up today----I used 91 octane premium. You could probably go with regular now and then but the manual warns that this may cause the engine to knock. Hopefully your Cascada will soon be leaving the port and on it's way to it's new home!

gene2016
03-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Thanks mesaguy,
you and the Mrs. look really great in your new Cascada, the colors sharp !
If we get ours in time for Florida we'll post a shot.
Keep it clean, enjoy the sun.

mesaguy
03-02-2016, 12:53 PM
One slightly irritating thing is when I'm driving alone and nobody in the passenger seat buckled up, the seat belt buckle flaps against the door constantly. I'll have to see if I can figure something to help with that.

mesaguy
03-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Well, problem solved. My wife, who knows nothing about cars, came up with the solution----just buckle the passenger seat belt!

VaCa
03-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Well, problem solved. My wife, who knows nothing about cars, came up with the solution----just buckle the passenger seat belt!

That must be why I used to see some cars like that and used to question it, they were probably experiencing the same thing.