Blind Spot Monitor [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Blind Spot Monitor

Ctrcbob
11-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Why no Blind Spot Monitor (AKA Blind Spot Information System)? Is it offered in the European versions of the Cascada? Every car I've purchased since 2007 has it and I consider it the most important safety device that could be offered.

When the Cascada arrives in the US, I will buy it, as long as the Blind Spot Monitor is offered on the top options list. If not, I will buy an A5/S5 or an E350/E400 drop top.

Fastdan1
03-21-2018, 09:28 AM
when i bought my cascada sport they told me the car had it ,we did not test drive one at that dealer well on the way home we found out they lied to us ,after a month of going back and forth of we didn't do anything wrong to the sales person knows better, we got them to pay for a unit to be put on [of course a attorney was involved of no cost to us ] its a goshers bods-003016p after a few settings changes it works good cost was 900 there is a radar unit that by the time you get it installed is 1500 you can look at my pictures in photo gallery the red sport you will see the units above the side lights and the ones that light up on the dash

bshep19
03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
If you adjust your mirrors correctly then you will not have a blind spot. If you can see your car in your side view mirror then you are doing it wrong.

Fastdan1
03-21-2018, 01:32 PM
ill stick with the blind spot if it saves my a-- one time its well worth it especially when you have 2 drivers that have diff seating positions and no memory on the seats and mirrors. all in all to each there own .

Sports
04-14-2018, 04:16 PM
With no "B" pillar and two outside rear view mirrors there is no blind spot on the Cascada. We have an SUV that has blind spot warning light in the rear view mirrors, but the "B" pillar is directly beside my head and line of vision when you scan the mirror. Several times I have almost side swiped a passing car with this too little of a warning system. ( You have to set the driver's rear view mirror out beyond any view of the side of the SUV to overcome this problem). I love the the Cascada and its wide open side vision.