Orlando Auto Show [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Orlando Auto Show

Ctrcbob
11-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Went to the Orange County Convention Center (Orlando) today. They have a BEAUTIFUL Cascada on display.

The Good.
1. It looks much better in person vice the photographs. It really looks GREAT.

2. The color is "Flip Chip Silver Metallic" with the Tan/Light Brown interior. Much better color combo than I thought.

3. Something I had not read about. Tail/stop lights "inside" the trunk for those times you carry stuff in the trunk and must leave the trunk lid open while driving.

The Bad.

After showing how easy the top goes up, and after showing how the top material filters out most noise, the top refused to go back down. Checked to make sure the safety switches in the trunk were set correctly, but could not get top to go back down. Probably just one of the safety switches not set right.

Will be introduced sometime in early 2016 as a 2016. (If not introduced until springtime, I'd rather it be a 2017).

Could not get inside the roped in area to look at the mirrors, so I don't know if it has Blind Spot Warning(BSW).
I will not buy without BSW. If it has BSW, I'll buy the car. If not, I'll have to go with an AUDI or Mercedes Cabriolet.

I may go back tomorrow take another look.

Ctrcbob
11-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Went back to the Auto Show today.

The best news is that the Cascada at the show is equipped with "Aspherical" outside mirrors. With Aspherical mirrors, no need for Blind Spot Monitor. Aspherical mirrors have been in use for years in Europe but up to now, illegal in the US. If now legal, and Buick imports the Cascada with these mirrors (or Blind Spot Monitor), I'll be one of the first in line to buy the car.

The top now functions again. Just as I thought, one of the safety switches was causing the top to not work yesterday.

The spare tire is in the normal place, under the floor in the trunk.

Surprisingly a lot of room in the trunk when roof is up.

Rear seats can fold down if you want to carry groceries or other things.

Would not allow me to look under the hood at the engine, as he said it is a display car and may not have the 1.6Turbo that the "for sale cars" will have.

VaCa
12-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Did you manage to get any pictures/videos of it while you were there?

Ctrcbob
12-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Photos

Ctrcbob
12-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Visited my local Buick/GMC Dealer who told me that he has two Cascadas on order for customers who have pre-ordered. Asked me if I want to order one now. Told him no! I've ordered in the past and have been burned both times. Once when car arrived without one piece of equipment that was advertised in their brochure and the other time when car had "defects" that dealer said would be fixed, but could never correct.

I now only buy from stock, and only after I have driven the exact car I'm buying. No ordering. No dealer trades. (No down payments). ETC.
I have the web site of every Buick dealer within 200 mile radius. When the Cascada becomes available, if I find one on a website, I'll contact that dealer's Internet Manager.

VaCa
12-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Did you happen to take noticed of reactions from other spectators? Interested in knowing what that was like, it will be one of many good indicators to gauge what interest once on the market will be like.

Ctrcbob
12-11-2015, 02:54 PM
They were more interested in how the top hoes up and down. The Buick guy was working the top every few minutes. I'm surprised the top mechanism did not wear out with all the up-down cycles.

Of my two visites, I think I was the most enthusiastic person there.

Again, for Buick, if they offer that tan interior and the aspheric mirrors (or Blind Spot Assist) I will get one.

The Silver looks great. I want to see the White and the Blue.

Ctrcbob
02-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Mpg: City/Hwy: 20/27; Not good. I expected MUCH BETTER from this small engine. My present two V6 cars are both rated higher and I constantly get better than 20/27. On both my V6's, I average 22 in all round city-county driving and 32 to 34 hwy when I take a trip.

On my last three trips to Europe, my last three lease cars got actual mileage of:
1600cc, 40mpg.
1800cc, 38mpg.
2000cc, 35mpg.
No turbos. Calculating with pen and paper or hand held calculator.

No reason for the Cascada to get such poor fuel mileage.