Hope this Works, Please bear with me ! [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Hope this Works, Please bear with me !

gene2016
01-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Hello to all. I'm Gene2016 and this is my first blog ever. I am writing this to speak of our experience with the new Buick Cascada.Hope this is in the right place. My wife and I have been following this car for about a year. As we spoke early on with the dealers, none of them knew anything about the vehicle. As we continued to follow it on our own, we were told we were able to order one last October. We currently have a Premium Cascada on order. About a month after we ordered it, the salesman called and said our order was accepted and had a tentative build week of 1-18-2016. The actual delivery was talked about probably being end of Feb to us. We leave for Florida early March, needless to say this makes us real anxious.

Having bought the car, sight unseen, having never touched the car, driven the car, I decided to go to the NAIAS in Detroit in January. I just figured they would have to have one. They did, they had two. It is a nicer car in person. The presenters for the car did a decent job, but I had numerous questions they could not answer. They did tell me that I was the first person they spoke with that had purchased one. The cars displayed I believe may not have been the current production models. I did verify the vehicle recommends premium gas. Mileage is still undetermined, however I did see a recent comment to high 20's for highway. I did hope for 30's. I was also hoping to confirm the car would have Blind spot detection. It does not. Sad move for a premium car and this technology available. It is available on the Opel, Holden, and Vauxhall brands. The Buick displayed has a locking gas cap, but was not tethered to the gas door, and no apparent place to put it. It's also strange Buick switched the wheels. The diamonds were on the premium models overseas and Buick is putting them on the std here.

The car had a nice feel to it. The doors sounded solid. I sat in the back seat and it was also very comfortable, not sure about a long trip, nor getting in with the top up. The top is pretty cool. You do not have to latch it or unlatch it, it's all automatic. I'm 5'11 and I had a few inches above my head. The show people would not allow the hood to be opened. I had them turn on the headlights and they almost seemed to be Xeon. The are listed as High Intensity so not sure if thats what's coming either. They are articulating.

Our vehicle is supposedly built. issue now is how long will it take to get here. No dealer has them around Ohio, we have not seen advertising other then Buick website. Don't know if Buick is bringing a boatload over and we'll be in that group. I'm told the cars go through two ports, If anything I'm hoping Chicago vrs West Coast. Nobody wants to say anything, right now the dealer is thowing out Mid March.

Anyone have any input or current experience with purchasing a Cascada and taking delivery from Poland.

Thanks for reading this, Looking forward to enjoying this new ride.
2016 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

Ctrcbob
01-30-2016, 04:48 PM
The one I saw at the Orlando Auto Show also did NOT have Blind Spot Monitoring, but it did have the next best thing. The Aspherical side mirrors. That car was the Beautiful Silver with the Tan interior.

Waiting to see them at my local dealer.

gene2016
01-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Want did those mirrors offer as viewing ? I have an equinox now with a portion of the mirror split which helps seeing what's near.

Have you seen any cascadas down there ? I am just concerned how long it takes to get here. I was just told the cars come into New Jersey port.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Ctrcbob
01-30-2016, 06:17 PM
No Cascadas in Florida yet. Spoke with my local dealer today who told me he has a White one sold already, sight unseen. Also has a second one coming in but does not know the color.

As for the Aspheric outside mirrors, they look and feel flat with no line seperating the outside viewing area from the inside viewing area. It's as if the mirror is bent toward the outside. I don't know if the Cascada will have this type outside mirror, but the one on display at the Orlando Auto Show had it. Common in Europe as the last two Renaults I leased in France had these mirrors. Not as good as Blind Spot Lights, but better than nothing.

gene2016
01-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Bought ours sight unseen in October as well. Gray stone metallic blk interior. I liked diamond wheels, wife wanted other ones, she won. Maybe 1st bought in Ohio .

Ctrcbob
01-30-2016, 09:48 PM
A little off subject, but I'm wondering where do they load these cars to ship to the US (and Canada)? It's winter in Poland and Germany. (Read: Cold and Snow). Do they load them on a ship in Poland, then through the Baltic, then North Sea, or do they ship them by train to Germany, then load them on a ship at a German North Sea port? I spent a winter in Kiel and know just how cold and snowy it can get in that part of Europe.

Just wondering.

gene2016
01-30-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm with you. I have no idea nor can someone at Buick explain what's happening. Our dealers have not gone thru this before. I'm guessing the plant is accumulating cars and will make an initial shipment to the US. Routing, who knows. I know the plant builds a number of vehicles and models. I was surprised to enter an order in October and have it scheduled mid Jan. I figured they may have been building 5000 various units ahead of mine to go to the dealers. Go figure.

Ctrcbob
01-31-2016, 10:47 AM
Three things.
I picked up a copy of the Buick magazine that is sent to Buick owners. Winter 2016 edition.

1. Three photos of a "Flip Chip Silver Matallic" with Tan interior (driving around Santa Fe NM). This is the color combo I want. One photo of Graystone Gray with Black interior. (Not for me).

2. Says,"available January 2016".
(Guess they missed the target date).

I previously read that front and rear wind screens are standard on the Premium edition, however, reading the Salesperson Reference Guide, it says:

3. Available wind screens add to the open-air experience for front passengers (factory-installed option).

I hope it is standard on the Premium Edition.

gene2016
01-31-2016, 02:14 PM
If you go to the Buick website, I just saw they added some new pics as you scroll down the different categories like , tech, perf, etc. You will see a pic of the windscreen offering. Not sure how they are suppose to work for the front and back passengers. Looks like you installl them as needed. They are supposedly std in the perm edition.

Funny, I have copies of that magazine which I took to my dealer. It was well done. He never saw it or had a copy. Interesting. I'm not sure dealers know whats going on, until they have stuff there to sell .