future buyer [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: future buyer

Cascada
03-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about upgrading from my sedan to the cascada!

However, I'm not in a rush to buy. So I would love to hear from current owners how the car is :)

From the drive to the cost to gas mileage and any other reviews!

Thanks!

mesaguy
03-26-2016, 12:32 PM
I've had my Cascada for about a month. It's stylish (several "thumbs up" on the road plus nice comments from strangers at the grocery store, etc.) and has lots of pick-up for an almost 4,000 lb. car. Also, very roomy for a convertible. Negatives would be no blind spot warning system, limited visibility out the rear glass when the top is up, and the owner's
manual recommends premium gas which is more costly than regular. Turning radius isn't great compared to my wife's Ford Escape. All in all, it's a nice convertible and I'd recommend it if you're not looking for a "muscle" car like a big engine Mustang or Camaro convertible and the back seat isn't torture chamber for passengers as the previously referred to cars.

carldc
03-30-2016, 06:26 PM
I just got mine Saturday. I agree with everything mesaguy said. Also, the gas mileage is a bit disappointing at 20/27, especially since I'm coming to the Cascada from a Saturn Astra which is essentially the same basic model (both are Opel Astras) but gets well over 30 mpg. But I knew all that going in, and it makes sense for a 2-ton convertible.

So far, so good! I'm very much enjoying my Cascada.

Dennis Carlson
03-31-2016, 09:50 AM
I traded in my '08 Mazda MX-5 GT for my Carbon Black Cascada a couple of weeks ago and do not regret my decision. It is much more comfortable and even more so than my '14 BMW X3 xDrive28i.

Yes I have the passenger seat belt rattle (easy to solve) and find the wind deflector is mandatory if you are cruising at highway speeds.

I am averaging just over 25mpg burning premium gas.

Cascada
04-03-2016, 02:51 PM
I've had my Cascada for about a month. It's stylish (several "thumbs up" on the road plus nice comments from strangers at the grocery store, etc.) and has lots of pick-up for an almost 4,000 lb. car. Also, very roomy for a convertible. Negatives would be no blind spot warning system, limited visibility out the rear glass when the top is up, and the owner's
manual recommends premium gas which is more costly than regular. Turning radius isn't great compared to my wife's Ford Escape. All in all, it's a nice convertible and I'd recommend it if you're not looking for a "muscle" car like a big engine Mustang or Camaro convertible and the back seat isn't torture chamber for passengers as the previously referred to cars.

I agree with you about this car being stylish.

Limited visibility of the rear glass? Isn't there the rear parking sensor that would help with reverse parking or back out? or it doesn't help with that.

Thanks for the other recommendation of the other cars. I'll check it out.

I assumed there was ample of rear passenger leg room because of the auto sensor:

Quote:

if it touches something, saу the back passengers knees, it stops and moves back forward about an inch to prevent an uncomfortable squeeze to the back passenger.

Did you get to try that function out?

mesaguy
04-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Buick was a main sponsor last night for the NCAA finals. I saw the Cascada commercial twice during and after the game------much better car visibility than the Superbowl commercial which concentrated on the celebrities more than the vehicle.

asjki89
08-09-2017, 05:03 AM
I would suggest you to try this once www.autozin.com/for-sale/Buick-Cascada-malden-mo

DonnaSophia
09-04-2017, 09:15 PM
I tilted the side mirror out further and see passing vehicles in the mirror up until they are nearly at my side. A slight glance to the side is all it takes. My 2014 Cadillac had a bad blind spot, I practically had to stick my head out the window to see if a car was passing. I feel so much safer in my new Cascada.

schicklett3
01-02-2018, 09:38 AM
I love my 2016 Cascada... awesome car. BUT, the battery will not stay charged. Had it jump started 5 times the past month, and I keep it in a garage so no blaming the weather.
Having it towed in to the dealership again today....
Anyone else having this problem?? I need help.

DonnaSophia
04-16-2018, 01:54 PM
I have a little over 2,000 miles on my 2017. Eager for top-down weather. I live 100 miles north of St. Louis MO. Today it snowed again; the third time this month (April), and it's below freezing now. I love that it is front wheel drive, get lots of great comments. The clanging of the seatbelt, just fasten it across the seat, problem solved. For a few days the screen showed the exterior temperature to be 65 degrees when it was in the 30s. I made an appointment to have it looked at. It started working again on its own.

Mitchell
06-18-2018, 04:34 AM
In my opinion — more lowered models of the cars always better.