New Battery For Cascada [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: New Battery For Cascada

mesaguy
11-26-2016, 05:43 PM
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I had problems with the electrical system in June and then again yesterday (car was dead---keyfob wouldn't even open the trunk). AAA came out and jumped it and I took it right in to the dealer. They checked it out and ended up putting in a new battery---the service guy told me it was different than the old lead acid batteries. I'm hoping this will solve the problem but I did notice some "flickering" in the brightness level of the dash instruments on the way home from the dealer. I sure hope this isn't a sign of future problems.

Ctrcbob
11-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Probably replaced it with an AGM (glass mat) battery. Not sure, but I think AGM batteries need a special (different) kind of charger. AGM batteries last a lot longer than regular Lead Acid batteries.

Ctrcbob
11-27-2016, 02:40 PM
Because your original battery went, does not mean your car may continue to have battery problems. Some examples below for four of my recent cars.

2010 SHO, battery went when less then two years old. Replaced under warranty.

2011 MKZ, battery went when around eighteen months. Replaced under warranty.

2013 Avalon, battery went when around eighteen months. Replaced under Warranty.

Present HIGHLINE Convertible, although I did not have any problems
with the AGM battery, dealer tech found problems using their high tech equipment. Car had 30k miles and was about 28 months old. Dealer changed to a new AGM battery. Replaced under warranty.

I once had a 2002 Lincoln Continental. (We had two 98's and that one 02, as we loved those Continentals). Got a battery from Advance Auto that had 36 month warranty. Battery went at 35 months, so forgetting that I had purchased it at AA, I returned for another. When the guy entered it in his computer, he saw I had purchased the previous battery there, 35 months earlier. Replaced the battery FREE, under the AA warranty.