Buick Cascada owner from Southern Maryland [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Buick Cascada owner from Southern Maryland

kurtp13
09-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Hello from a new owner in Southern Maryland. I picked mine up on Wed. New 2017 Premium in Flip Chip color (silver-blue). Dealer couldn't find a buyer so my deal just kept getting better. I have been very happy so far. I have had several convertibles and this one is amazing. The top open/close speed and ability to operate at 31 mph will be so convenient when the weather changes. Actually, I have taken advantage of that already.
I am still learning all the buttons and functions. It has more features than other cars Iíve owned.
I have a question.
Is there a way to get a text display when the top has completed its cycle? The beep is not loud enough to me. I tried turning up the chime volume but then the turn signal volume was annoying.

If anyone finds out a hack to be able to open the top with the key fob, I would be very interested. I understand this feature was disabled for US sold vehicles.

BarryD
09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
The fob opening is gimmick, we’ve got it 8n th UK and whilst it works it’s not me touch so you’re burning up th fbs battery and lifetime of the sender. Also, whilst it’s quick you’re pulling don th car battery - would be super cool to open and not be able to start lol.

They are great cars though.

kurtp13
09-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the response. I think the feature would be great on a hot day. I could be walking to my car and open it up before getting in. It is normally parked in a perfectly timed walking distance from my office door. But I understand what you mean about dragging the battery down. I would still change it over if I knew how. Do you have blind spot warnings? A thought I saw that in a Vauxhall video. The Buick does not offer that.

bshep19
09-11-2018, 10:41 PM
If you set your mirrors correctly there is no blind spot.

I have owned mine since April of 2016 and have never had a problem.

BarryD
09-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the response. Do you have blind spot warnings? A thought I saw that in a Vauxhall video. The Buick does not offer that.

Not as standard, but Iíve got a base spec model.