Cascada road trip [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Cascada road trip

bob yancey
09-23-2018, 08:07 PM
We just got back from a 2,776 mile trip and my Cascada ran superbly. It ran effortlessly at 85-90 MPH across the great plains. The Rocky Mountains were no contest, it ran as well over 10,000 feet as it it does at sea level. Coming down steep mountain switch-backs I decided I was using my brakes to much so I pulled over and shift my transmission into -D and the engine braking was excellent. I continued on down the steep switch-backs only occasionally tapping my brakes. I didn't keep track of mileage because I don't care that much about it. It was good enough for me. Never used a drop of oil. The roads in this one town in Utah had what I could only describe as a trough running parallel to both sides of the road and the first time I pulled off the underside of the car's front end hit the pavement with a ghastly sounding scrape. I immediately got down and checked it figuring I had ripped off the underside of the bumper, I could see no damage. When I got home I got a much better look it and still couldn't find a rub mark or scratches. Every time I drive this car I like it more. She's safe, sound and covered up in the garage taking a day off. Happy trails

BarryD
09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Sounds good, we picked ours up on a Friday night, and set off on an 1,800 mile road trip around France on the following Sunday. Faultless.

Edna
02-12-2019, 01:46 PM
I go once a year with a german car club for a 1000 mile round trip. Will share some photos afterwards.

bob yancey
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Sounds good Edna