Hey Everyone [Archive] - Buick Cascada Forums

: Hey Everyone

Roky
10-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Found out the Cascada is expected to make the jump to the U.S shortly and thought it would make a great surprise for my wife. Kids have left us and she's been pining for something a little more deadly than her '04 Ford Escape.

Here to keep track of things, get involved, learn a few things....

Cheers,
Roky in Texas

VaCa
10-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Do you know what it will be called in the United States? I know it will be under buick but what will they call it?

Roky
10-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Do you know what it will be called in the United States? I know it will be under buick but what will they call it?

Still planning to call it Cascada... Interesting that Buick and Opel have been unified under the same design team, so were going to see alot more Opels as Buicks over here...

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/buick-verano-convertible-cascada-rendered_1.jpg

VaCa
10-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Still planning to call it Cascada... Interesting that Buick and Opel have been unified under the same design team, so were going to see alot more Opels as Buicks over here...

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/buick-verano-convertible-cascada-rendered_1.jpg

I was expecting it to be called the Verano Convertible in America, not the Verano, since it sure looks like that

Roky
10-18-2013, 01:35 PM
I was expecting it to be called the Verano Convertible in America, not the Verano, since it sure looks like that

I dont know if they want to mix Cascada in with the Verano. To show up with a Verano convertible would lead to questions like where is the Verano coupe? However Chrysler pulls the same job with the 200 sedan, only offering a 200 convertible...

I've been under the impression its coming as Buick Cascada, where did you hear the Verano convertible rumor?

vauxy
10-21-2013, 07:57 AM
not a bad thing. Opels are nice looking cars. That Buick rendering looks sweet.

VaCa
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I dont know if they want to mix Cascada in with the Verano. To show up with a Verano convertible would lead to questions like where is the Verano coupe? However Chrysler pulls the same job with the 200 sedan, only offering a 200 convertible...

I've been under the impression its coming as Buick Cascada, where did you hear the Verano convertible rumor?

heard the Verano convertible rumor a long time ago when the verano came out.
keeping it separate is a good thing, it almost makes me believe they might do something special to it that no buick in recent history has ever had done to it.

vauxy
10-27-2013, 04:22 PM
well thats becuase the verano isn't even built on this platform. so it would make sense to NOT call it the verano.

VaCa
11-07-2013, 01:07 PM
well thats becuase the verano isn't even built on this platform. so it would make sense to NOT call it the verano.

I didn't know that. What platform is it on? What other vehicles are using this platform?

I guess it's a good thing that they used a totally different platform and just didn't make a coupe version of the Verano.

Roky
11-08-2013, 11:02 AM

who told you that... Cascada is built on the Delta II platform which surprise, surprise underpins the Opel Astra/Buick Verano ;)

VaCa
11-08-2013, 11:27 AM
who told you that... Cascada is built on the Delta II platform which surprise, surprise underpins the Opel Astra/Buick Verano ;)

That's what I originally thought. Here's all the models on that platform:

Production vehicles based on Delta II platform:

2008 - present Chevrolet Cruze, Daewoo Lacetti Premiere, Holden Cruze[5]
2009 - present Opel Astra J, Buick Excelle XT
2010 - present Chevrolet Volt
2010 - present Chevrolet Orlando
2011 - present Buick Verano
2011 - present Opel Ampera
2011 - present Opel Zafira Tourer C
2013 - present Cadillac ELR[6][not in citation given][7][not in citation given]
2013 - present Opel Cascada[8]

Roky
11-11-2013, 11:43 AM
That's what I originally thought. Here's all the models on that platform:

Production vehicles based on Delta II platform:

2008 - present Chevrolet Cruze, Daewoo Lacetti Premiere, Holden Cruze[5]
2009 - present Opel Astra J, Buick Excelle XT
2010 - present Chevrolet Volt
2010 - present Chevrolet Orlando
2011 - present Buick Verano
2011 - present Opel Ampera
2011 - present Opel Zafira Tourer C
2013 - present Cadillac ELR[6][not in citation given][7][not in citation given]
2013 - present Opel Cascada[8]

Yea, I just dont think if Cascada jumps to America its coming as the Verano convertible. Maybe if instead of Cascada it was the Opel Astra convertible I could see that happening

VaCa
02-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Even better if they make it a coupe of it's own, it seems like it could be more exclusive like that rather than "a version of something"