Water in Car After Rain - Buick Cascada Forums
Buick Cascada Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Water in Car After Rain

I have a 2016 Cascada. The top was replaced this past summer. Now, after a heavy rain there is water collecting in the passenger front and rear floorboards of the car. The first time I had 4 inches of water (major rain storms all day). The second time there was about a inch of water in the back right passenger floor area. Today, it was dry on the inside of the car, but I can hear water sloshing around when I turn a corner or go over a speed bump. I am beginning to think there are drain plugs that should have been removed upon installation of the new top, but I can't find any mention of drain plugs or drain holes related to the top in the manual. Does anyone know if there are drain mechanisms in the top? The dealer has used high pressure hoses to try to duplicate the water issue, but still no luck. Thanks!
anne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

So... update... the carpet in the rear passenger side is soaked. The water from below has seeped up into the carpet. There is some sort of panel or well holding the water underneath the rear, passenger side floor area. The water drips and hits the ground in front of the rear tire. It resembles the amount of water that drips from the air conditioner in idle, just a bit heavier. I can put my finger in the hole under the car and get water out. Water only accumulates here after a rain. Could there be a plugged drain somewhere. The technician suggested I'm driving through deep water. I haven't driven the car at all. The water is there after a rain regardless of whether or not the car has been driven. Please help!
anne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Anne: I cut & paste this from this site. Scroll down and maybe you will see it from Barry. Here it is: Much sloshing sounds of water in the Cascada at the weekend. In the rear near side (offside for the Buick’s) quarter, in front of the wheel. I had a look underneath and there was a bung on the sill. It came out with a wiggle and dumped about five litres of clean water on the road. No more sloshing sounds, other side is dry.

It leaves the odd dribble from the drains behind the wheel arch covers but this is the first time the panel has filled up. With the door open it looks like there is a gap in the seal. It’s a 2013 Car so no warranty or recall possible, but I’ve bought a cover. Might also try and adjust the door so it closes a bit tighter.

However, what sounded like a big problem, was very easy to solve, so if you hear water in the rear quarters... there are drains! Good luck anne. bob y
bob yancey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Look here
http://www.pimpmycascada.de/html/en/tut_drain.php

ALLWAYS OPEN

PIMPmyCASCADA
Werner61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2020, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had this problem and the dealership said there are drain holes and the one in my right rear quarter panel had clogged up and the water was draining into the car. They unclogged it and while I had to replace the carpet, it was as good as new.
heavener4750@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Cascada Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in